UnderCover: Books I Love

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Books I Love

Design Entrepreneur: Turning Graphic Design Into Goods That Sell (Design Field Guide)Design Entrepreneur: Turning Graphic Design Into Goods That Sell by Steven Heller

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Full of profiles of designers who have created self-directed projects, this book is an inspiration to me. This is a perfect compliment to another book I've been reading called Making Ideas Happen by Scott Belsky (Behance Network). Both explore how designers can and should go beyond client-driven work to find niches and solve problems.

Read Heller's book to be inspired by what designers have done and can do, then read Belsky's to learn what it takes to move your great ideas from concept through to completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment